[pp.int.general] PirateISP

Mårten Fjällström marten.fjallstrom at piratpartiet.se
Mon Nov 1 15:18:28 CET 2010

Here comes a short desription, written by Gustav Nipe, the CEO of
PirateISP. He is not on the list but can be reached at
gustav.nipe at piratpartiet.se if you have any questions for him. Over to
Gustav:

PirateISP is an ISP operating right now in Lund, south of Sweden. We are
doing the beta-test here. PirateISP started providing IP in July.
PirateISP target group is home consumers, preparing to be a part of the
data retention battle. Our model is based on that we want to be the
"owner" of the connection between the IP-address and the real person
owning internet subscription. PirateISP don't own any fiber cables, and
we have subcontractors doing the operation of the networks.

As I mentioned above our caseload is home consumers, but we have had a
lot of request about CO-location from companies and home consumers. So
we are selling that on test as well.

Our strategy have changed. We sell
CO-location/IP-subscription/SMTP-servers to companies, with the revenue
from that we rent new wavelength in fiber cables so that we can reach
new home consumers.

Kind regards,
Gustav

By way of,