[pp.int.general] Deportations of Latin Americans in Europe

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 22:33:56 CET 2010

 Ahoi Stefan,

> I fear it´s not that easy. For first the newscomers
> in wealthy countries are not allowed to work.
That has to be rectified - I agree completely. It's just absurd when
Germany talks about "being interesting for highly qualified immigrants"
when the laws here are such that a skilled neurosurgeon will most
probably end up driving cabs.

> The weird split occures exactly at this point.
> Especially spaniards and italians employ illegal
> immigrants for lowest wages, and complain about
> the foreigners later in the media.......and so on.
Yes, that's a problem. I would see a harsher regulation on illegal
employment combined with a stricter immigration ruling to be beneficial
both against the right-wing ideas and for the wages in each country.

> In Germany the situation is not less absurd:
> Everyone fears wagedumping, but if you ask me
> if I want do do those jobs offered to the
> east-europeans, I would say.........   :(
That's the common argument, and the answer is simple: it depends - on
the wages paid. I would consider cleaning drain pipes for 100€/hour, but
definitely not for 10€/hour. Stop wage-dumping and the enterprises will
be _forced_ to offer fair wages - which they are not offering now
because the labor market is distorted in their favor. There are several
approaches of rectifying this, but none is being considered right now.

> Although we see, that even the basic economic
> needs are not analyzed and truely debated in Bruexells,
What IS really analyzed and debated in Bruxelles? Apart from wage
increases for the EU bureaucracy, of course%)

> I see it as a basic humanistic question, clearing
> the administrative status of the illegals
> (sans-papiers).
I agree, but for me a solution can - and should - include an option of
"just throw'em out and give'em a hard kick in the butt not to come back".

> Probably there will be a agreement for the two of us:
> It is definitely a question of wealth and greatness,
> if a country is able to give benefits and dignity
> to strangers.
> I must accept that weak and malorganized countries
> can´t do that.
I have to disagree on that: even strong and economically well-organized
countries can only provide benefits up to a certain number of receivers
- after that, the "strength" starts to crumble.
By the way, that does not only apply to immigration but also to foreign
aid. I find it - for example - disgusting and bigotrious that France
lobbies the EU to spend more of its taxpayers' money for foreign aid, at
the same time blocking any attempts to cancel agrarian donations to
French farmers (because if they do that, they have a riot of many
thousands of gotten-rich-on-donations, shit-throwing farmers blocking
their infrastructure) - which effectively sustains the poverty of the
Third World cause they can't compete against subsidized EU products. In
the end, Every EU citizen pays three times (once for direct donations to
farmers, once for foreign aid, and once for overpriced food), and every
non-EU citizen pays once, just because the French are afraid to upset
their farmers which are used to doing nothing for fat bucks - ah sorry,
francs - or euros - anyway. I have to lay a part of the blame on my
beloved Bavaria in this question, too:(

Best,
Boris