[pp.int.general] PPi ask Anonymous to stop Payback

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 17:56:27 CET 2010

On 11/20/2010 11:50 AM, Choms wrote:
> Well, I really don't want to reply... I'm waiting the response of some
> people... but I really don't like the response of Andrew Norton...

That is your choice, but the choice is simple,

You can either run around like a moron, doing DDOS attacks and help push
through censorship legislation, or you can ask them to stop, and try and
work on something productive.

It's the choice between acting like a moronic kid throwing a tantrum, or
acting like a grown up. It's THAT simple.

BTW, most o:p won't support the pirate parties regardless - it requires
them to be too responsible, and grown up. The immature can't handle
being held responsible.

> I'll make a real reply later... but Rodrigo's reply is VERY related...
>
> El 20/11/2010, a las 17:45, Rodrigo Pereira escribió:
>
>> These happened because "stupid script kidies" are unused work force.
>> Instead of "pulling on the ear", what about organize these people to a
>> more productive direct actions? I'm not talking to create an
>> ass-in-the-chair project like "faces against acta", but perhaps,
>> organize a protest against COICA in your country. Congregate forces
>> and groups and raise public attention. These "stupid script kidies" is
>> fighting for attention for the questions of copyright. Disconnect, and
>> go to the streets!
>>
>> 2010/11/20 Andrew Norton <ktetch at gmail.com <mailto:ktetch at gmail.com>>
>>
> On 11/20/2010 10:47 AM, Choms wrote:
>> I think our friends missed send it to the list, so I'll send it ^^
>

> http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-parties-use-influence-to-halt-operation-payback-101120/
>
> Was nothing to do with PPI (isn't their main job to just run half as
> many conventions a year, as before it was 'formed' anyway?). It was a
> USPP-led initiative. I asked many other party leaders for their
> involvement, some were afraid to go against anon, others actively
> supported O:P and others felt that the little kids involved would just
> go "HA MoralFags".
>
> Meanwhile, it's temper-tantrum actions like O:P, taking down websites
> temporarally (which is considered a felony in the US, and the FBI is
> investigating) which helped the internet-censoring COICA out of
> committee the other day. Ultimately, O:P has achieved NOTHING (except
> for a very lucky break with ACS:law early on, and which only sped up
> it's downfall, rather than anything more). "Oh no, our site's down
> for 6
> hours, oh dear - look they've stopped it's back up now"
>
> It's just giving people an excuse to pass more laws. It feeds the
> knee-jerk reaction of the ignorant, while giving no long-term results.
> Plus, we as parties are supposed to be ABOVE it. We're not stupid
> little
> script kiddies, and nor should we let the ignorant little fscks
> destroy
> any work we can do with their stupidity.
>
> Thanks why we wrote the letter.
>
> Andrew Norton
> USPP, Legal Office.
>

>> Greetings.

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net
<mailto:pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net>