[pp.int.general] Resistance methods

Radosław Nadstawny radoslaw.nadstawny at o2.pl
Fri Nov 26 19:05:14 CET 2010

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 15:44:03 +0100
"Stefan Sakowitz" <Multireal at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Rado (am I right ?),

The proper form would be "Radek", but I don't mind being called like
you did.

> The term >civil disobedience<, as shown by the german and swedish (!)
> examples is a kindofgreyzone derived from the constitutional rights
> to withstand oppression/dictatorship and to assemble.
> Again: We´re in the twilight zone of civilisation
> And it does not mean illegality at all.
>
> Examples (for Germany):
> 1)
> If a priest and his christians grant asylum in a church,
> the police will not enter to follow someone destinated
> for capture.
> In this situation negotiations between the police and the
> church on one side, and the priest and his christians on
> the other side will be started.
>
> This is the classical example, and legalized by court.
>
> 2)
> An example according to the ddos-Topic (Germany)
>
> If I´m directing 10 000 robots in front of an
> institutiuon, this will be illegal.
>
> If 10 000 citizens block referred institution by
> just (accidently) appearing in front, and refuse
> to leave as ordered by the police, this is, in Germany
> >civil disobedience<. And may not be punished with
> more than 20 Euros per head. No trial......
>

> (Funny example aside: If Grandma Meyer states
> continuously, not having ordered 100 000 baseball-
> sticks per web, the german judge may decide for
> the robot (The computer) beeing right.)
>
> Greets
> Multireal

I think I understand. I just thought that disobeying the authorities is
always equal to breaking the law, but as I see it's not that simple.

Would it be right then to say that civil disobedience is, in its
essence, doing something that you expect to be punished for¹, because
you think this is the right thing to do?

[1] - I think this part is important to distinguish civil disobedience
from plain crime and such.