[pp.int.general] Wikileaks under DDoS attack

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 06:44:29 CET 2010

On 11/28/2010 4:47 PM, Jay Emerson wrote:
> Innocent until proven guilty in the U.S.

*facepalm* Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... US educational standards!

ACTIONS are legal, or illegal. That's what laws are, a list of actions
and the situations in which they are "illegal" An illegal act, is ALWAYS
an illegal act.

Now, a PERSON can be guilty or innocent. Specifically, they are guilty
or innocent of an ACTION. In this sort of discussion, and specifically
with the usage of the phrase you have mentioned, the action is an
illegal action. In fact, courts (in the U.S., since you made that
distinction) go out of their way to avoid touching the question of an
action's defined legality or illegality.

If you don't understand (and I guess Jay doesn't, else he wouldn't have
posted what he did)
Taking some random child is kidnap, and is illegal. Forcing that child
to have sex with you is illegal. Killing the child afterwards is
illegal. Those actions are all defined as illegal.

Now...
Did Glenn Beck rape and kill a young girl in 1990?
The answer is, even if  he did, he is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

It's really simple to understand. To understand if an act is legal or
illegal, you need nothing more than the ability to read, and access to
the laws. To determine if a person is guilty or innocent, you need a
court case, and lawyers and judges and so on.

Of course, I can't blame Jay for not knowing the basic difference
between actions and people, because i think he (proudly[1]) dropped out
of high school before taking the class that explained this basic fact.

> On Nov 28, 2010 4:38 PM, "lilo" <al3lilo at autistici.org
> <mailto:al3lilo at autistici.org>> wrote:
> http://wlcentral.org/
>

> whats about legal or not legal?
>

> l.

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net