[pp.int.general] Call for offers to host the next PPI conference

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:28:55 CEST 2010

On 10/4/2010 2:11 PM, PPI Info wrote:

Just for, you know, S+G, are there any requirements?

For instance, is the long-standing practice that 'countries that have
hosted before, not host again unless there are NO other options' going
to be honored?

Also, is there going to be a preference for a NON European host this
time? After all, all five previous ones are in Europe, there are parties
elsewhere, and to continue to hold them in Europe seems like a violation
of the PPI statutes (since it would indicate the PPI only encouraging
parties in Europe, rather than worldwide)

The last conference had BIG problems with being extremely discriminative
against non-EU parties (not only was it in Europe, but EU parties, with
the shortest travel distance and lowest costs, were financially encouraged)

Andrew Norton
USPP Legal Officer