[pp.int.general] PPI: conference and criticism

Partidul Piratilor contact at partidulpiratilor.ro
Wed Oct 6 09:59:34 CEST 2010

The Romanian Piate Party intends to submit the cadidature for organising the
next conference. However we require from the board to set some criteria in
order to make a equal, transparent and efficient selection of canditates.
Practically we ask for criteria to be met and we propose:
- Duration of the event
- Conference space for X persons (guesstimate number)
- Live streaming with X requirements
- Other data/network requirements
- Hotel arangements required/not required offered/not offered
- Lunch, dinner arrangements required/not required offered/not offered
- Location conditions (eg: a city not in Himalaya)
- Importance of aditional events: worksops, press conferences, sightseeing
tours
- Media exposure conditions

About the recent criticism of PPI and especially its board:
Constructive criticism must be always be embraced. At this point we, the
Romanians, do not feel the advantages of being part in the current PPI.
However we understand that as a new movement (new - as in less that 50
years), our movement is strugling to find its identity and its means. This
is why we will continue to suport the idea of PPI.
PPI will be as strong as its members are. Without strong national Pirate
Parties, PPI cannot be now a real force.
Without strong national Parties, there can be no conference with the
participation of all Pirate Parties. There will never be a true, face to
face international conference until proper funding for every member could be
secured and now this surpasses everybodies posibilities.
A conference where the statues will be discused in extenso face to face, is
impractical. The statutes must be finished online and the conferece be only
a matter of formalism and small corrections. Remember that in international
agreements the mandate of the delegations are limited, and in the normal way
of things no delegation can negociate and sign a document.
I broght this up for discusion in response to the acuses broght to the
board.
We all realise thing went wrong last time.
Still none of the critics is taking steps to make things right.
To propose modifications to the statute is at everybodies reach. If you are
not a member of PPI we, as a member,  offer to endorse any initiative in
order to be in the discussion of the board.
We do not espect and do not require the board to resign. We espect the board
to do what they promised.
We also espect that critics to start doing more than crying wolf. Things
will not move by themselves, one has to move them.

Concrete:
We have a PPI board.
The Romanian Pirate Party, as member, demand the board to start, and
officially announce the call for amendaments to the statute. Then everybody
can do something instead of flamewars.
The Romanian Pirate Party, as member, demand the board to present a PPI
action plan for the next 6 months and a report on the concrete results of
the last 6 months. We say concrete results not unfinished initiatives.

Best of luck in organising and managing your national parties!

Cristian,
Spokesperson for the Romanian Pirate Party