[pp.int.general] European Liberty Conference

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 08:54:27 CEST 2010

  Ahoi Maxime,

> Hi Boris,
> Please stop insulting people. Sometimes I wonder if you are twelve...
I'm double that, but Richard's rants just bring in the teen spirit in me :D
> A lot of people are against proprietary software by ideology, and this
> is compatible with the Pirate movement.
It is compatible, but not required, and I don't like people to be denied
"Pirate citizenship" if they are OK with proprietary software. To be
simple: I have OpenOffice and I can read doc.-documents, but an average
Windows user can't read .odt-docs. Is it OK for you?

> Being rude at people who simply ask to provide /our/ documents in open
> formats is just showing that /you/ have lost any flexibility on this
> subject.
> By the way, some of us use hardware and/or operating systems
> incompatible with Flash anyway. They cannot access to this document at
> all whatever they think about proprietary software, if Gnash is not
> accepted.
Then we have to make a decision, don't we? Either we want to be a
movement for the general people - and then we have to endorse Flash and
MS Office - or we want to be a marginal nerd movement, in which case you
can surely present everything in a Linux-only,
jar.tar.-whatthefuckarchive-format and be proud of it.
Have your pick.

Best,
Boris