[pp.int.general] @ Dutch Pirates

Philip Hunt cabalamat at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 21 01:08:31 CEST 2010

On 20 October 2010 23:24, Nicolas Sahlqvist <nicco77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Philip:
> We were so sure we would reach at least 1% or 2.5% in the Swedish election,
> but instead we had a hard lesson that getting those % extra can be much
> harder then you may think

My experience also -- I stood in a council by-election in Edinburgh
last month. I was sure I'd get at least 1%, and expected 2-3%, but it
turned out I only got 0.65%

No-one said it'd be a short fight. It'll take time, but I'm sure we'll
get there eventually.

> so let's not assume it will be so much easier in
> NL although the system is different.

In Sweden, Pirates need 4% to get elected. In NL they need 0.67%. I
know which I'd rather be running for.  (Incidentally in Scotland it is
c. 5%).

--
Philip Hunt, <cabalamat at gmail.com>