[pp.int.general] Court Decision - Equitable Remuneration

Rodrigo Pereira rodrigo2kpereira at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 15:58:55 CEST 2010

2010/10/29 Amelia Andersdotter <teirdes at gmail.com>

>  On 10/29/2010 02:53 PM, Rodrigo Pereira wrote:
>

> This is not fair in general, not only for a part of industry. And looks
> like a "culture tax" that makes culture more expensive for all.
>

> well, no. the idea with a flat rate is a very low fee that makes you not
> have to pay anything at all for all culture you could possibly want to have
> access to.
>
> culture might get less creative though.

The point is that these tax does not avoid copyrigth law and people may be
prosecuted anyway. If, for example, Jammie
Thomas-Rasset<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jammie_Thomas-Rasset>,
is prosecuted becouse they share songs and they payed this tax, the
prosecution will not invalid. And when it comes to taxes we speak about
PUBLIC resorces, used to build schools and hospitals, for example. So use
public resources to support culture, not use public resources to support
private industries, and obsolete industries. You can use these public
resorces to promote cultural events and promotion of artists, for example.
Which government create a tax only for support a segment of private
industry?

But, I don't know if is a good idea defend a part of industry against other
part.