[pp.int.general] Translation Task Force

Gregory Engels Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Sun Sep 5 21:06:34 CEST 2010

Hi Boris,

I am glad that you are taking this on.

On 05.09.2010, at 02:20, Boris Tourovski wrote:

> On my part I would propose to have a look at the free translation
> memory software OmegaT [1] which greatly simplifies working on
> translations. I'd be glad to make some tutorial sessions as soon as
> we have some interested pirates.

The [1] link is missing, but i fugured it out, that
it should pint to http://www.omegat.org/

one also should take a look at the Okapi framework
http://okapi.opentag.com/
That comes with a number of tools including "rainbow"
that can be used to preproces text and extract sentances
for being translated with OmegaT

Both tools are free software
(GPL for OmegaT and LGPL for Okapi)

It would also be good to have a repository
for translation memory files in order to share them
among our translators. I could think of an
DropBox shared folder, but I am really not sure
if this is the right solutions - any other ideas, anyone?

cinserly yours,

Gregory Engels
International Coordinator
Pirate Party of Germany