[pp.int.general] Internet Governance Forum 2010 in Vilnius

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 16:38:42 CEST 2010

  On 09/21/2010 03:47 PM, Enrique Herrera Noya wrote:

>  I heard an interesting story about an attempt to
> > start a party in Turkey which appears rather difficult. It's not
> > really a Pirate issue but is of democratic trivia interest. Perhaps
> > Core-Team could investigate the matter?
> >
> > If any questions, ask.
>
>  a wiki? could start with preliminary considerations 1. ideological
>  frame 2. technological tools available 3. flow chart of activities 4.
>  gantt chart of activities 5. diagram of existing parties (mental map
>  of political parties?) 6. number of members to register with the
>  state 7. percentage to enter parliament 8. map of organizations
>  related to the topics pirate.

my interest was more in the conditions for starting a political party,
so... points 6-8, rather than 1-5. I've seen attempts at gathering info
on 1-5 cause some conflicts in the past and would rather stay away from
any new such initiatives.

the interest would be in discovering how easy it is to create political
alternatives in different countries, regardless of their ideology.

for instance: serbian parties need 30000 signatures, the authenticity of
each for which the leader of the initiative is personally and
criminally(!) liable. in the netherlands is needed 30 signatures per
constituency to be allowed to run for elections. in sweden 2000
signatures in total nationwide (well, this was you get listed with the
electorial department of state)

/a

/a