[pp.int.general] Is PPI dead, or was it ever really born?

Gregory Engels gregory.engels at pp-international.net
Mon Sep 27 17:44:37 CEST 2010

Well,  I'll try to calm things down and try to answer to this tread
by copying some quotes together.

First - I really would like that the tone in this discussion would
be maintained as friendly and constructive and free from bad
language.

This is an international mailinglist, where people from many
countries are coming together, for many of whom english is
not being the first language (this would include myself) - also
people have diverse cultural backgrounds. In this light using
the words in an public conversation like "f*cked" or
"clusterf*ck" is entirely unacceptable.

On 27.09.2010, at 00:29, Andrew Norton wrote:

> We also recently got a call from their new 'PPI International
> coordinator'.

Silke is not "our" PPI International coordinator. She is rather
appointed coordinator for the Pirate Party of Germany.

>  Silke was told there were 3 Pirate Parties
> in the US. There is only one.

It is good news to hear that the Pirate Movement in the US
has consolidated to just one party. But this knowledge has
not made it through for example to this list. If there ever was
an announcement of  a formal fusion of PPUS and PPUS, than
it sadly slipped my attention.

On 27.09.2010, at 15:33, Rodrigo Pereira wrote:

>  The work that the ppi is (not) doing can be done by ourselves.

PP of brazil has expressed its deeply disinterest in PPI business
on several occasions. In fact, you are the only one Pirate Party
who flatly refused to answer the "Pirate Party of the Week" questions
stating  that "there is nothing to tell about, since there is yet
no Pirate Party in Brazil" - I can clear see, what are you referring to,
when you refer to the "work that you not doing by yourselves"

sincerely yours,

Gregory Engels
Co-Chairman
Pirate Parties International