[pp.int.general] Correct word usage for PP.

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 03:18:20 CEST 2011

Ahoi NingúnOtro,

> Being rude does not help you to get your argument across.
No, but it does help stress the point (not that I haven't done that
enough times already^^)

> I'll concede that probably most young Pirates share with you a short
> term, pragmatic and opportunistic "carpe diem" rationality. The kind
> that shares their booze with you because they like one of your ideas one
> day and stabs you in the back the next day because it dislikes another
> one of your ideas. Problem is the only thing you can do with them is to
> party on their terms. No planning, and no strategical depth. Little
> political action is possible if they have to have things their way.
I'll oversee the booze allusion, but still, please don't be
condescending to me. I don't like that, and as you put it earlier, it
doesn't help getting your argument across.

> Richard has a long term strategy that builds on logical and ethical
> coherence, and part of its efficiency depends on persistently
> disallowing confusion inside the vocabulary, calling a cat a cat and a
> mouse a mouse.
Firstly, I also have a long-term strategy. It doesn't include promoting
instruments (like software) or even cultural achievements to a sacred
status.
Secondly, I happen to know some things about linguistics, and the FSF's
argumentation in that field is depressingly primitive.

Best regards,
B.T. (stands for "Big Troll")