[pp.int.general] Correct word usage for PP.

Maike Marrek listen at jaasnee.de
Sat Apr 9 10:29:31 CEST 2011

Richard Stallman schrieb:
> The term "digital goods" shares a drawback with all other terminology
> taken from economics: it directs people to think in terms of economics
> rather than in terms of human rights.

IMO it's not a problem to think in economic terms, the problem is the
economic concept of homo economicus. It's not a secret, that the
concepts' assumptions are definitely failing in a connected (and
unfortunately widely observed) world. It's a question of time, that this
concept will be replaced. There are already many discussions everywhere
around different economic faculties and there could be a shift coming
towards economics. But there's still a slip-proof new and widely
accepted term missing ... including human beings, connected &
interacting without solely financial interests. Maslow's hierarchy of
needs shows many fields and possibilities to expand current concepts -
according to reality.

> I call them "published works".  Everyone will understand that term,
> which is much older and predates the tendency to look at life in terms
> of economics.

I didn't recognised the url/title, there are lots of implications worth
to work on. At least in Germany there's currently a "published work" of
one of your US-colleagues discussed in philosophy and IT loving circles.
This work is supported by a great and powerful "chain of experts" and
his "theses" mark one end of the public discourse. There's a urgent need
of real experts, who are willing to get in dialogue.

But I get the smart idea of "published/unpublished", which introduces
privacy as a "value" ;-).

> As for "virtual assets", that is not equivalent to those other too.
> Its meaning is totally different.

Have to stop here, real life is calling and I've to think about your
following points and meaning/implications of "virtual assets", specially
regarding language barriers (for example I can't remember having ever
heard of "bads" in contrast to goods=Güter in economic education).

--
a one-armed man comes into a flower shop and says
what flower expresses

and the florist says: the white lilly.

Laurie Anderson - Home of Brave