[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 19:11:02 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Wolfgang Preiss <w.preiss at gmx.de> wrote:
> As far as I know there is no other technology to gain access to your webcam
> and microfon on a web based system except for flash - not talking of ready
> to use software.

For information purposes only - there is a new technology coming, called WebRTC.

I have experimented with the Ericsson Labs demo* but AFAIK it's not
yet in mainline browser releases.  I'd been hoping it would be out
this year, but that's not looking likely.  The most common request I
see on the Ericsson Labs' WebRTC mailing list is when it'll be
included in Webkit browsers...

[My primary interest is in the P2P aspect; I'd like to be able to set
up Atomic OS or JS/Linux to route IP traffic through web pages as an
anti-censorship mechanism]

Anyway, it might be something to keep an eye on for future
developments.  If interested and you have any questions, please feel
free to ping me off-list.

* <https://labs.ericsson.com/developer-community/blog/web-rtc-tutorial>

--
  Scott Elcomb