[pp.int.general] Old woman ****ed by copyright lobby - Can we do something?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu Dec 29 22:29:59 CET 2011

    > However, I would like to ask the German Piratenpartei first what they
    > think of this, and if they like this idea, I would like to ask them to
    > take the lead in this small project, simply because it will be easiest
    > for them to reach this woman.

    We had to collect millions if we wanted to pay all those fees. :(

He proposed doing something once, and you've changed the subject
to doing it thousands of times.  That's not feasible, but his
original proposal might be feasible.

    But how can you blame somebody for a crime who did not commit only for not
    protecting him connection? I mean, by example, a hacker break your WEP
    password and download child pornography, the judge really can charge you
    for CP consumption? Even knowing you don't have any computer? o.o

This is called "collective responsibility" and is incompatible with a
free society.

Paying one woman's fine is affordable, and might be an effective way
to condemn this law.  Whether this case is a good opportunity, I don't
know.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation