[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Wolfgang Preiss w.preiss at gmx.de
Fri Dec 30 11:09:42 CET 2011

Am 30.12.2011 10:42, schrieb Justus Römeth:

>     Yes, and this was taken care of, but not to everyone satisfaction,
>     and this is
>     something, that I am very sad of. In retrospective, and this is
>     something,
>     that can be learned from Friedrichshafen, it would be better to
>     have the
>     remote delegates to be anchored in much detail in the conferences
>     rules
>     of procedure, and to have a dedicated meeting chairman to take care of
>     the remote delegates.
>

> This would be very very important imo, to have one person responsible
> of monitoring the Remote participation chat/video conference and speak
> up in the name of the remote particitpants. Have you started planning
> on this yet? Will someone from the board, someone from PPCZ or another
> person do this?

Considering the technical possibilities it was planned having a
conference system in which the remote delegates are logged in. At the
conference site, a moderator is also logged in, and the computer used
for this is hooked up to the conference room sound, and the page is
being displayed on a beamer.

Any deligate, however, has the possibility to unmute hinself, and when
he speaks up it will be heard by the full audience. Therefore, even if
the moderator does not pay attention, or is busy or has a natural
desire, any remote deligate has the chance to interfere and interact
with the speaker at the site.

This only works - however - if the freedom of the delegates isn't too
much compromised by using a system which is not fully built on free
software. m)

This will be/was suggested to the responsible PPI Board members, and the
remote delegates, and we will see if this gets accepted.

Wolfgang