[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Pat Maechler aka Valio pirate at valio.ch
Fri Dec 30 11:34:34 CET 2011

I'm sorry that I have to interfere here and comment on that, Wolfgang.
But as one of the board members appointed responsible for the GA I
simply have to, in order not to create more havoc.
I appreciate your work and help and I think you're an expert in
streaming. I'm happy that you are willing to create the video
streaming and I'm happy that you are looking into solutions for the
remote participation, which is also partly due to the fact, that you
want to have decentralized GAs (*) . However it's not up to you to
decide that there will be only one one-fits-it-all system for remote
participation at the PPI GA. if you read my previous mail you will be
become aware why I have the duty as a PPI representative that everyone
gets the best possibility for participation and not that we will shove
the same solution to every  remote delegate no matter, if there would
be a better solution. I simply will need to oppose such a solution as
this is decision is neither up to you, nor to the Czech organization
team to decide. This is a matter which is part of my duty as a PPI
official. I would even need to consider to resign from my position if
the solution would be carried out in such a way as I could not agree
to this with my honor.

(*) I missed to address that aspect in my last mail concerning my
perspective; I realize that there can be a general discussion on a
one-fits-it-all remote participation for something else than the PPI
GA.