[pp.int.general] PPI GA Prague / Video Conference System for remote delegates

Pat Maechler aka Valio pirate at valio.ch
Fri Dec 30 11:22:59 CET 2011

We are aware that we should address the issue, but no decision has
been taken yet there (such as who will do it in what way).

on a general level I'm aware of 3 central documents which you could
label as "lessons learned" from the last GA which I think we need to
take into account
1. the letter that has been written by remote participants after the
last GA, see http://pr.piratepad.ca/56 and
http://ppi.piratenpad.de/GA-2011-remote-delegates-complaint-response
2. concerning the lessons learned by the organization team, see
http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Kreisverband_Ravensburg-Bodenseekreis/PPI2011
3. concerning the problems that became apparent in the new board after
the GA; I started to summarize some points here
http://ppi.piratenpad.de/119
(4. probably there's a fourth one, see
http://lists.pirateweb.net/pipermail/pp.international.general/2011-March/009081.html
; I have no idea what happened to that)

We likely won't take into account other documents, e.g. criticism that
has been written somewhere in flow text during a discussion in this
list; our current personal resources are just too limited to search
for further criticism that could be taken into account such as in the
the discussion archive of this list, pirate blogs, social media
notification messages, etc.

But if you think there are important points missing if these 3
documents are considered together, I would much appreciate if
a) you would either append them directly OR
b) will send in the criticism in a very *formal* and *direct* way to
me and Lola (patrick.maechler/lola.voronina[at]pp-international.net),
so that we can append them OR
c) you will write to us, offering your help for the GA, thereby
becoming an active part of the preparation team and having the
opportunity to work on the fix to the problem yourself
Those are the 3 options, if you think crucial criticism is missing.

-pat