[pp.int.general] Lobbying EgyptSat To Provide Free Internet Services For Egyptians

Jay Emerson jemers2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 01:00:06 CET 2011

Thanks and will do.

Jay Emerson
Administrative Officer
Pirate Party of New York
On Feb 3, 2011 1:41 AM, "bbox-gs" <borgbox.drone.guinness1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> nice Op. Jay
>
> also, keep an eye on #openmesh on twitter. looks like they will try and
buy a satellite. I'm contributing ideas for tech., from afar (still, if they
can help - got to push this) - strange bed fellows, I'm on my own. but I'm
trying to add ideas to make it robust AND pushing to give it to an
International Org., for full transparency -not US control.
> it's an interesting read,
> at least #borgboxgs1 comments ;)
>
> anyone know of a good trusted Org. to run the SAT?
>
> the US centric core group is probably ignoring common sense I think :(
> note: Gary Jay Brooks seems like a good egg so far. Shervin???
>
> maybe more push from the international community would help.
>
> it has good potential in the right hands.
>
> to be seen...
>
> Peace Brother
>
> gs1
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
> On Feb 3, 2011, at 0:31, Jay Emerson <jemers2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Would members of PPI be up for helping us lobby this company to provide
free Satellite Internet Services for the Egyptian people?

>> http://www.egyptsat.com/
>>
>> I have started a PiratePad and will collaborate with others if this is
something some of us would want to do:

>> http://piratenpad.de/ipzdFy569K
>>
>> While it has been restored, I think preparing for another shut down is
best and what we do:
http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/02/egypt-internet-back-up-as-protests-turn-violent-in-cairo/

>> Thanks in advance and feel free to start without me on the PiratePad.
>>
>> - Jay
>>
>> --
>> Jay Emerson
>> Administrative Officer
>> New York Pirate Party
>>
>> "My user has information that could...that could make this a free system
again! No, really! You'd have programs lined up just to use this place, and
no MCP looking over your shoulder." - Tron