[pp.int.general] Amendment proposals

Jay Emerson jemers2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 02:01:06 CET 2011

Under the authority of his ego Brendan, duh!

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go see if I can propose that McDonald's
brings back the McRib by handing them my pseudo-legal tone of a proposition
via a local franchise in my vicinity.

I said GOOD DAY, SIR!

Jay Emerson
Administrative Officer
Pirate Party of New York

http://int.piratenpartei.de/wiki/images/a/a6/Statutes_of_the_Pirate_Parties_International.pdf

https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/pp-international.net/ccc?key=0AnZcn8ossPs2dHBPTVp5UVh1R21EZ2RsN3Z3VVJfMnc&hl=en&ndplr=1#gid=0
>> so far
>>
>> Ok, amendments. (the * marks some commentary and reasons for it)
>>
>> To section IX,
>> - -modify
>> (4) Member Organizations are represented at any meeting of the
>> General Assembly by a delegate or delegates not exceeding two from
>> any one Member Organization.
>> *This is changed from six to two. Six gives extraordinary weight to
>> parties local to the event's location (especially those representing the
>> host country), who can steer the actions to methods more preferential to
>> them, rather than to the organisation and movement as a whole. An
>> international body should represent the whole membership, not be biased
>> by the local groups.
>>
>> add
>> (8) The location of the General shall be held in preference in a country
>> that has not hosted before. In addition, no more that two consecutive
>> General Assembly's may be held on the same continent.
>> * This codifies what has been the general rule for these events back to
>> 2007, when the first one was held. The second part also ensures that it
>> does NOT remain held in Europe, or indeed any other continent should
>> another regional group control the board. In other words, it reaffirms
>> the internationalism of a group that deems itself 'international'.
>>
>> To Section XII
>> - -add to end
>> (1) To that end, any and all positions in member organizations (except
>> for that of 'ordinary member') must be terminated before taking office
>> * This is just plain self-evident. An officer of PPI can not represent
>> PPI _and_ a member party. The potential for conflicts of interest are
>> too high. (for a real life example, look at Ban Ki-Moon, who resigned
>> his post in the South Korean Govt. after being elected UN Sectary
General.