[pp.int.general] Patent system similar to GPL?

Gareth Nelson gareth at garethnelson.com
Mon Feb 28 12:02:34 CET 2011

That's an issue of expense, not a conceptual flaw.
I think it is worthwhile to have a GPL-like license for patents simply
because software patents for now exist whether we want them to or not.
Having a license available for those who want to use their patents as
a force of good rather than an anti-competitive and anti-freedom
weapon can only be a good thing.