[pp.int.general] Love and Solidarity to our Tunisian Brothers and Sisters

Rodrigo dA rata_0071 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 15 05:42:31 CET 2011

> Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 23:16:24 -0500
> From: ktetch at gmail.com
> To: pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net
> Subject: Re: [pp.int.general] Love and Solidarity to our Tunisian Brothers and Sisters

> On 1/14/2011 10:45 PM, Rodrigo dA wrote:
> > Andrew, nice memory you have :)
>
> I've read the mars series at least once a year since 97. in 98 it was a
> toss-up between going to the first Battlebots, or the first Mars Society
> convention in Colorado (their plans were using the mars books as a
> basis), as Mars colonisation was my original plan (first degree
> robotics, second astrophysics) So I know the books backwards. And I was
> at a special event when Antartica came out, due to my links with the
> BSSF back then
>
> > Jack, you're right, it doesn't imply it, i wasn't going for that, i was
> > just questioning
> > the value of being serious. Why do we have to play the good old
> > politician to make
> > changes?
>
> Well, you can use the UK as an example. The Monster Raving Looney party
> tried the whole 'social revolution' tack, it didn't work. Ok some of
> their 'loony' policies got enacted 10-15 years later (like compulsory
> seat belt wearing) but not because of the parties, because of the
> advance of science.
>
> You have to use what's there, the levers that the system has in place.
> You could take those levers and arrange flowers, or hit people over the
> head with them sure, but it won't get the job done in the end. We may
> have to modify the levers (make them longer) or move them about a bit,
> but unless we use them, we'll just be wasting our time and energy.

This is the main point, what's there, we have to use it to our advantage,
but not be constrained by it. I'm currently reading Foucault and in
Microphysics of power he discusses about how "what's there" is
already narrowing our view of what could be there. (or at least this is how i
interpreted it)

Now, i may go, it's friday and i'm neglecting my psychoactives :P