[pp.int.general] Agora Voting System for a Liquid Democracy at FOSDEM

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Wed Jan 19 11:24:25 CET 2011

I agree that having a mix of third party organizations that would
protect the privacy of the vote instead of its integrity could be an
acceptable compromise.

Just a remark on :

On 01/19/2011 10:55 AM, Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
> The livecd wouldbe 100% free software. Check the software source code
> if you want. Then bring your own CD, we do a check sum or similar to
> be sure that CD is correct, then you can use it.

No, that won't even work. How can I trust that you will really boot on
the CD ? Or that you don't have a BIOS spying on my vote ? Or that you
don't sniff keyboard and screen outputs ? There are many ways to cheat.
That was one of my arguments against black box voting machines : they
pretend that they are inspected but nowadays we could even hide a
computer in any of the connectors used by the "inspected" machine.
Trusting a given hardware is very hard nowadays and it will only get
worse. That is why cryptography is so important.