[pp.int.general] Agora Voting System for a Liquid Democracy at FOSDEM

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Wed Jan 19 11:55:04 CET 2011

On 01/19/2011 11:49 AM, Félix Robles wrote:
> Any and every electronic voting system is vulnerable on the user side,
> because a program could be deceiving the user. You just can't take
> enough precautionary measures.
>
> But this is as true in e-commerce and electronic banks  as it is in
> e-voting and we do millions of electronic transaccions every day. You
> just have to fight fraud.

Except that :
- In consumer electronic transactions you can spot fraud. Something is
provably missing from an account. Transaction can be traced.
- Banking system do not pretend to provide absolute privacy
- Bank-to-bank transaction, as far as I know, rely solely on
cryptographic means and do not trust any hardware they do not control in
the process.