[pp.int.general] Invitation to the PPI General Assembly 2011

Justus Römeth roemeth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 10:50:34 CET 2011

Ahoj
I agree here. It would be nice if those board members voted for
Friedriechshafen were to explain what they found more convincing,
compared to the Osnabrück offer. Having had a look at both applications,
the only ones I found were that a fair center has more prestige than a
high school, and that it could boost the PP of Baden Würtemberg in their
coming up elections.

I seriously doubt that that is enough to warrant the 4-fould costs, and
would b e delighted if someone could shed light on what I am missing,
because I frankly don't think the board is that incompetent.

Also, did the board actively encourage non-European PPs to organize the
conference? Just asking for conference offers may not be enough (this is
also for the future). And, esp. if it were to be held outside of Europe,
the needs for size would probably be much smaller.
If the PPI board is not willing to do this, then maybe we should limit
the current PPI to Europe and set up other chapters for Oceania and the
Americas, at least when it comes to conferences.
This not to stop the knowledge and communication between the different
areas, but to take into account that apparently the Europe based PPI is
limited in scope for conferences as well as personnel.

Cheers
-J

Another thing