[pp.int.general] Is this time of the year: IFPI Digital Music Report

Jhessica Reia jheleiosa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 21:14:37 CET 2011

Daniel,

My research group needs some raw data from Nielsen, and it has been
impossible to get them. Or the cost is so insane, or they just don't
publicize the data. People keep telling us to try through other institutions
or contacts at government, etc. But even this way, is not easy to get the
analysed data - imagine the source of it.

Hope you have more luck.

Jhessica.

2011/1/21 Daniel Riaño <danielrr2 at gmail.com>

> Every year around this time, full with colours and graphical design, appear
> the "IFPI Digital Music Report", just to show how nice the recording
> Industry is, how bad Pirates are, how much we all are going to suffer
> because of them (the later, not the former). This year there is even a
> special section on Spain (--hey, thanks,folks! Just remember to include
> Spanish in the libretti some time!).
>
> Now most data come from Nielsen, with a good DJ spin. I'd like to ask ¿How
> does anybody arrive at the raw data from Nielsen? ¿Any source?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Daniel

Jhessica Reia
Bacharel em Gestão de Políticas Públicas - EACH/USP