[pp.int.general] Agora Voting System for a Liquid Democracy at FOSDEM

Jordi Soucheiron jordi at soucheiron.cat
Fri Jan 28 17:20:35 CET 2011

DNIe uses a public key system it's almost impossible to break. Your private
keys are protected with a password. You would need the DNI and the password
to be able to impersonate somebody (as far as I know it isn't possible to
clone this kind of card (yet)).
Every system stores it's own data so you can't actually watch everything,
you can only log on. Banks in Spain usually require log in and a second
verification system (usually a card with a hundred random numbers) to do any
kind of operation. Actually you don't even need to use the DNI for online
banking if you don't want to, you can use regular username+password
authentication.
I can assure you that having a DNI doesn't avoid us the "pleasure" of
carrying around a handful of cards and ids for every service you can
imagine.