[pp.int.general] First 'official' US party

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at contralaguerra.org
Thu Mar 10 14:34:28 CET 2011

IMO, small-scaled Pirate Parties are easier to build and to grow up ( if
the  law let's you register a party easily).

PP-SE was the ignition spark, in a mid-small populated country (by
European standards), after that beginning, we only have one Pirate Party
referent in a big country: PP-DE, which works amazingly well. There has
been no other strongly rooted pirate party in any other big country.

On the other hand, PP-CZ and PP-CH do even have representatives, and
they are working really fine, with lesser infrastructure than PP-SE/DE
and PP-Austria and Finland do also have an amazing social rooting. So,
Pirate Parties from small countries are usually more successful.

Most members of PP-ES in Catalonia chosen this strategy last summer.
Creating a party in Spain just requires 3 people, around 180 € and some
weeks waiting. We became official last 4th of October.

In 6 months PP-Cat achieved 70 members per million (MPM), whilst we had
only 4 MPM before (in 4 years).

Despite the fact that we belong to the Internet age, probably we do
still organize better in front of a tea/beer.

Regards,

Kenneth Peiruza

On 10/03/11 00:12, Jay Emerson wrote:
> Yeah, because I advised them not to join and instead just focus on their
> state party.  Although that was his plan to begin with because well, look at
> USPP's meetings.
>
> So all credit to O'Keefe on this.
>
> State Party focus seems the best way to go. Woot!
>

> Jay Emerson
> Administrative Officer
> Pirate Party of New York
> On Mar 9, 2011 6:05 PM, "Andrew Norton" <ktetch at gmail.com> wrote:
> I should have pointed this out here when I was made aware of it at the
> start of the month, but with one thing and another, it slipped my mind.
>
> The US has it's first officially recognized Pirate Party, int he
> Commonwealth of Massachusetts. As a side note, it's not a state party
> recognised by, or affiliated with (at the present time), the USPP.
>

>> http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/03/07/massachusetts-voters-can-now-register-as-pirates/
> http://ktetch.blogspot.com/2011/03/uss-first-pirate-party.html
> http://torrentfreak.com/mass-registered-pirate-party-110304/

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net