[pp.int.general] No PPI board meeting tonight

Thomas Gaul thomas.gaul at pp-international.net
Wed May 25 15:01:43 CEST 2011

Am 25.05.2011 14:30, schrieb Andrew Norton:
> On 5/25/2011 8:06 AM, Antonio Garcia wrote:
> > If 4 form a qualified quorum, as you suggest, you might consider the
> > meeting to have validly taken place with only one point on the agenda...
> > to postpone treatment of any matter to the next meeting.
>
> > Does it really matter that the formalities of what was reasonably
> > possible have not been followed? Have they simplified one step too far?
>
> These are the statutes. They were codified for a reason. Once you start
> ignoring them for expediency on one occasion, then you start ignoring
> them more and more often, and in the end, what's their point.
>
> These were the very rules that they agreed to abide by when running and
> taking office. As we as a whole, as a movement, are trying to hold
> politicians to a higher standard in their actions, and often running on
> that very basis for office, how can we then turn around and say 'well,
> it doesn't really matter, it might SAY it, but it doesn't mean we have
> to abide by it' - does that make us any better, any different?
>
> We had the same problem with the last board as well, deciding not to
> honour their requirements (even though they mostly wrote those
> requirements) and I called that board out on it too. This one promised
> they would be different. Seems they aren't.

Sorry Andrew, you are making up problems where there aren't any at all.
The board is working, meeting, setting up the Headquarter in Brussels
atm etc. So whre is a problem?

> Over the past year, I've witnessed PPI becoming increasingly irrelevant.
> The website was down for months, the IRC system is a mess (the UK party
> has been trying to fix it, but no-one seems interested, including the
> PPI, whose primary function includes improving communication),
> Conferences that favour parties from one region, bodies staffed without
> public notice, and so on.
>
> If our parties were run, as PPI is run, we'd all still be back where we
> were 5 years ago. Things have GOT to change.

Pure pessimism! How about working on the future? - Any voluntary
application for the next conference?

Sorry for saying so: back to work, this kind of fatalism isn't in any
way constructive.

Best regards

Thomas