[pp.int.general] Spanish elections

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu May 26 07:37:06 CEST 2011

    I think open software nowadays is what
    you actually describe as free software,

If what you have in mind is free software, you can support the cause
of freedom by calling it "free" or "freie" or "libre".  Those terms
refer to freedom.  The word "open" avoids raising the issue, so it
doesn't support the cause.

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html.

    they are partly respnsible for after the election to Linux, Libre
    Office, and so on...

When you say "Linux", do you have in mind a complete operating system
that makes a computer usable?  If so, you must be thinking of the
GNU system, not Linux.

I'm glad you would like to encourage use of our system, but please
don't call it "Linux".  That gives the credit for our work to someone
else.  Would you please call it "GNU/Linux", and give us equal
mention?

See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html

--
Dr Richard Stallman