[pp.int.general] First decentralized Party-Conference in Trier - In Vivo Translation

Antonio Garcia ningunotro at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 19:24:58 CEST 2012

Christian,

One experiment we did at the Indignado gathering from 8 to 15 October in the Agora Brussels conferences and that did work very well was to use multiple beamers to show different written translations on the conference room walls on the fly. When you do not use sound to transport the translations they do not have to be separated in time or space.

It is also useful when the speaker has a visual indication about the fact that the translations are done (all typing stops) before he continues.