[pp.int.general] Towards a Pirate Policy on Environmental Issues

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 16:09:47 CEST 2012

Dear Daniel,

A large company is any company with more than 250 employees, so this
category includes many more companies than the top 50 list. Companies
with less than 250 employees are medium-sized or small. The limit for a
microsmal enterprise is at 10 employees or less. Of course, we can argue
about whether these limit is good, or arbitrary - in many situations I
feel a more adequate measure of company size is turnover, also because
this measure more adequately describes the relative influence of the
company on the economy and therefore also the politics. It is anyway an
established measure somewhere, since 2003, also by the EUropean
Commission and in a European context. The exact investigation
establishing these limits evade me at this time, and I apologize for this.

It may be that you wish to re-evaluate your position based on this, or
not. If not, then it would be very useful if part of your re-evaluation
included the assessment of turnover in terms of size and economic impact
of a company on society in the data aggregation and processing
industries. It will be very helpful to my work in the European
Parliament on the Data Protection Regulation. However, I will need, in
order for it to have impact on my work, for it to be based on other
things than assumptions and speculation, because unfortunately this is
one of the methods most commonly applied to weed out random opinionation
from careful after-thought in my day-to-day work environment.

Looking forward to our future correspondance,

best regards,

Amelia