[pp.int.general] PPI GA 2013 - Call for Hosts

Nofel Tiani nofel.tiani at pirateparty.be
Thu Dec 6 18:26:44 CET 2012

Well in fact:

EU:
Area                 4,324,782 km2 (1,669,807 sq mi)
Population     503,492,041

Europe:
Area:              10,180,000 km2 (3,930,000 sq mi)
Population:    739,165,030

Canada:
Area                 9,984,670 km2  (3,854,085 sq mi)
Population       33,476,688 (2011)

but honestly no one can estimate how many pirates will be present, but I
think that it will be less than this year, if it is held outside Europe,
because the most active pirates are in Europe.

2012/12/6 Scott Elcomb <psema4 at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Alexis Roussel
> <alexis.roussel at partipirate.ch> wrote:
> > SImple question:
> >
> > How many of us will be blocked at the border?
>
> I'll not be taking a position on this matter* and can only speak as
> regards Canada; I don't think there'd be many turned back at our
> border.  Also, I may be mistaken but I don't recall hearing that the
> US has officially joined PPI so, were it to be held in the Americas I
> don't think they could host it..
>
> * Unless the GA was held in south-central (ie Toronto, Hamilton)
> Ontario, it might as well be in Europe for me.  Canada's a big country
> - it's slightly larger than Europe and has 6 timezones.  (Europe has 7
> IIRC)
>
> --
>   Scott Elcomb
>   @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca / Github & more