[pp.int.general] PPI GA 2013 - Call for Hosts

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 18:42:36 CET 2012

On 12/6/2012 12:26 PM, Nofel Tiani wrote:
> Well in fact:
>
> EU: Area                 4,324,782 km2 (1,669,807 sq mi) Population
> 503,492,041
>
> Europe: Area:              10,180,000 km2 (3,930,000 sq mi)
> Population:    739,165,030
>
> Canada: Area                 9,984,670 km2  (3,854,085 sq mi)
> Population       33,476,688 (2011)
>
> but honestly no one can estimate how many pirates will be present,
> but I think that it will be less than this year, if it is held
> outside Europe, because the most active pirates are in Europe.

The most active pirates are in Europe, because PPI is almost entirely
a European thing. Over the past few years, I've come to understand
that PPI = Pirate Parties Intereuropean.

I'm so sorry that some of you might have to experience what other
parties have had to experience for THE LAST FIVE YEARS, getting
treated as second-class parties, because you're not in the 'local club'.

You got to decide, do you want PPI to be interNATIONAL or
interEUROPEAN? because all I'm hearing is whining. If it's so
important you go, and it's too far, how does that reflect on your
attitudes to parties were it's been too far and continues to be?

So it's either vitally important you attend, in which case the
continued exclusion of non-European pirates says a lot about the real
goals of PPI
OR
It's not actually that important to be physically there, and you're
whining because you might have to deal with being a second-class
participant for a change (and when you can't vote, because you didn't
hear the call to vote because the noise from the bar muffles it,
you're second class. When you can't speak, because the net goes slow,
or because the people running the show don't bother to notice you
requesting to speak, then you're THIRD class.

PPI has become increasingly dysfunctional. All I can say is that
unless drastic changes are made soon, I can see it shattering and
falling apart in the next 6 months.

TL;DR version
if there's not a preferred group, why are you afraid of not being in it?
If there is; shouldn't we try and level things?

Andrew