[pp.int.general] PP IT and Its Non-Democratic Organization

Mozart Palmer mozart.palmer at pp-international.net
Fri Dec 21 18:22:06 CET 2012

On Dec 22, 2012 4:08 AM, "Carlito" <carlito at subvertising.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Unfortunately we are here again discussing always the same nasty Italian
> question.
>
> The problem/anomaly is quite simple:
> Liquid Feedback is currently the 100% binding platform by Statutes
approved
> at the end of December 2011.
> No Board. No organization. Simply nothing.
> Nothing more far away from DEMOCRACY because since the installation a
small
> group of people took the control of it.
> Totally crazy IMHO and that's why the PP IT doesn't exists in the actual
> political panorama.

LQFB has never been a guarantor of democracy. Unfortunately, some seem to
think it can be applied. This is why Pirate Party Australia is sticking
with a more traditional structure until we can launch a more appropriate
edemocracy system.

> Every time someone try to propose something in the software, the small
group
> of friends (very easy to find them, just read the replies to this message:
> Jaromil, VonLynx, Marco Confalonieri, lilo, Cal., etc.) just vote NO and
> there's nothing you can do about it because they say it's liquid
democracy.
> Worse than a dictatorship.
> Other example: As soon as an "influencer" or even a simple smart guy try
> enter in the party (and in the platform to vote, of course) they start a
> "verification" in the platform and of course they stop the certification
> process as soon as they understand he could be particularly "strong".
> How is it possible to accept this kind of organization in the PP Int?

Despite the PPI statutes requiring members to operate democratically, there
was no test applied to the founding members. Furthermore, there are no
agreed criteria to establish what democratic principles are. The Board and
COA discussed and debated this after I initiated a potential review. This
did not eventuate, as is evident.

> Is there a way to verify what I'm saying?
> Can the PP Int Court of Arbitration make a serious analysis on this and
> advice on this?

No. Currently there is no Court of Arbitration, since all members of it
resigned in late August/September this year as a result of potential legal
action against us from the Swiss Pirate Party. There will not be a new COA
until April most likely.