[pp.int.general] [votopirata] URGENT: we need your signature

Patrick Maechler v/o Valio pirate at valio.ch
Sat Dec 22 03:48:17 CET 2012

Zitat von Jaromil <jaromil at dyne.org>:
>  the international pirate party should take clear distance from
> neo-nazism and neo-fascism. if done quickly, this would help Italy in
> this delicate moment and mediterranean border countries on the longer
> term.

The question then is: of what aspects should the movement distance
itself? Because this should be clear, else it remains a fuzzy lip
service that will not help anyone, but will rather be a cause of
likely meaningless conflicts.
I think certain traits of totalitarian extreme views (you may label
them right or left) have already been excluded once by the civil
rights paragraph in the Uppsala Declaration (yes, this argumentation
gets old).

Just one plea: Given that you want to have a decision regarding any
international issue (not necessarily this one), you may better start
preparing to write on it. IMO some of the problems of the previous PPI
GAs were due to the fact that certain proposals were written and
handed in +/- at the last moment.