[pp.int.general] BitTorrent: Escaping from Kazakhstan

Marat M ipkz2008 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:01:40 CET 2012

BitTorrent: Escaping from Kazakhstan

*As The Pirate Bay stated, 2012 is the year of the storm. In Kazakhstan
it’s absolutely true. Even more true than somewhere else. Due to anti-human
copyright legislation it’s not “legal” to run torrent tracker in Kazakhstan
anymore. Hundreds of famous trackers in our country, including but not
limited to megatorrents.kz, p2p.kz, btr.name, are all shut down from now.*

* *

We were running a local file-sharing community (http://p2p.ktv-sk.com/,
mostly for our customers) but now we have to stop this service.

We had made many interesting changes to xbtit code, e. g. featuring
authentication through social networks, and it was undesirable for us to
just shut it all down as many others did. That’s why we handed our web
site's code and database over to the Anonymous group.

The modified xbtit code perhaps is subject to be released as open source
under the GNU GPL by the Anonymous group later.

*http* <http://tracker.name/>*://*
<http://tracker.name/>*tracker*<http://tracker.name/>
*.* <http://tracker.name/>*name* <http://tracker.name/>**

* *

Sadly we are not affiliated anymore. It doesn’t belong to us. You can get
in touch with new web site owners via their e-mail:*trackername at lavabit.com*
.

* *

*With pirate greetings from Kazakhstan,*

*SMG*

*
*

*