[pp.int.general] Artificial meat

Pat Maechler aka Valio pirate at valio.ch
Thu Feb 23 18:21:00 CET 2012

are we against GMO?
I don't know; I haven't seen this in my party, but I think there's
certainly at least one pirate party to be found that is against it.
I know that there are several problems if you want to use GMO in some
areas, and if you want not to use it in others (i.e. it creates a
whole new dependency, because farmers are forced to buy new grain for
each generation, as the grain has to use terminator genes)
That argument is likely not the problem here as you just grow fat and
muscular cells in a lab that can't reproduce.

Also what do you mean when you say "and similar mumbo-jumbo"?
There's a wide range how one can interpret that sentence :-P

Given that there are GMO I find the idea of mandatory FLOSS like
regulations intriguing
http://lists.pirateweb.net/pipermail/pp.international.general/2010-September/007517.html

Of course: The idea would not be to let the livestock "back" into
wilderness. That would be ridiculous. But it's not as if you could not
reduce over-commercialized lifestock over  a certain timespan.

BTW: I think organic food has it's advantages, but also disadvantages.
We could go into a long discussion here, but that was actually not my
intention ;)

-pat