[pp.int.general] Artificial meat

Nene nene at mocobo.de
Fri Feb 24 13:22:58 CET 2012

Imho GM is NEVER about feeding the world but rather to make money.

Currently we would be able to feed about 11.8 billion people if we would be eager to do so. (according to the UN special Rapporteur on the Right to Food J. Ziegler)

People are frequently not starving because of bad harvests or aridity but because of foreign food subventions, trade markets regulations and speculation with food on the futures market. Often they are starving or even killing themselves BECAUSE of genetic manipulated food, just google "Monsanto" in combination with "farmer's suicides" e.g.

As long as research is driven by corporations only interested in maximising profits, don't expect new innovations to be for a common good.

The only thing this could be good for is the CO2 reduction I guess.

You might call this a pessimistic point of view, but - although I see myself as an irrepressible optimist - that's a point of view my study of politics and economics has brought me to :/

Cheers,
Nene