[pp.int.general] General news: PPDE more than 20k members

Nicolas SferaHosting nicolas at sferahosting.com
Fri Jan 13 19:49:09 CET 2012

Congratz :)

El 13/01/12 19:16, Justus Römeth escribió:
> @ Aza:
>
> German law requires us to get a signed documents from members before
admitting them, which has to be an original (so not just scanned), so
either at meetings or by snailmail. There are some other things that
legally require us to use snailmail as well, as invitations to general
assemblies for example, but you can opt out of that electronically
(which apparently is okay legally). And, while the internet is great to
facilitate communication, in the end political work on a big scale is
impossible to do if you don't know the other person at all in real life,
so we have a lot of different weekly meetings, several assemblies for
the different geographical or thematic bodies, and so on. In the end,
while the internet is important to us, and we want to steer legislature
keeping the net as open and free as possible, we see us as a general
political party, and don't want to exclude people that don't know how
the internet works from political participation. I know that PP Canada
for example does most if not all of their political work online, but if
you want to grow above a certain threshold real life meetings tend to be
more productive, and also a good was to advertise your party to regular
media.

<mozart.palmer at pirateparty.org.au
<mailto:mozart.palmer at pirateparty.org.au>> wrote:

> Hi Justus,
>
> Your last paragraph is actually a very good idea. It might be
worthwhile pursing it on a monthly basis.

Gregory Engels <http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Benutzer:Dichter>, Thomas
Gaul <http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Benutzer:ThomasG>, as well as Silke
Suck <http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Benutzer:SilkeS> for the US (1)

>> The election to Schleswig Holstein's Landtag are on May 6th. Just
check the PPI wiki for upcoming election dates involving pirate parties,
at least for Germany that one is fairly reliable. (2)

>> @Andrew: Well, PPI is set up for the single parties to coordinate, PWB
for single pirates (for bigger parties like PPDE such a distinction
makes sense). So far the PWB list is only for the coordination of their
organization though, and it's not active at all. They help to organize
Piraten-Streaming for example to cover Pirate events involving PPDE and
other parties in central Europe, but are basically just a formalization
of contacts for the different chapters and regular meeting groups around
Lake Constance open for all pirates worldwide, though.

>> I think a regular international newsletter would make sense. No idea
how often it should come out (either monthly, bi-weekly or weekly me
thinks), and it is probably too much to ask the board to do, so maybe
setting up a volunteering press corps, similair to what Flaschenpost is
doing for PPDE, may be a good idea. I am in the middle of my thesis atm
however, so I don't want to commit to anything before I am done with
that and know how my life will continue after uni. In general I could
imagine being at least part of such an organization, though...
>> There used to be Pirate Party Radio, a podcast that talked about news
within the English speaking pirate parties, but the others were
unfortunately rather absent.

1=http://www.piratenpartei.de/navigation/partei/piratenparteien-weltweit/kontakt