[pp.int.general] General news: PPDE more than 20k members

Aza rata_0071 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 21:07:12 CET 2012

2012/1/13 Justus Römeth <squig at dfpx.de>:
> @ Aza:
>
> German law requires us to get a signed documents from members before
> admitting them, which has to be an original (so not just scanned), so either
> at meetings or by snailmail. There are some other things that legally
> require us to use snailmail as well, as invitations to general assemblies
> for example, but you can opt out of that electronically (which apparently is
> okay legally). And, while the internet is great to facilitate communication,
> in the end political work on a big scale is impossible to do if you don't
> know the other person at all in real life, so we have a lot of different
> weekly meetings, several assemblies for the different geographical or
> thematic bodies, and so on. In the end, while the internet is important to
> us, and we want to steer legislature keeping the net as open and free as
> possible, we see us as a general political party, and don't want to exclude
> people that don't know how the internet works from political participation.
> I know that PP Canada for example does most if not all of their political
> work online, but if you want to grow above a certain threshold real life
> meetings tend to be more productive, and also a good was to advertise your
> party to regular media.

Here we have similar requirements, we need some general data, a signature,
and a scan or picture of the person id, which they usually don't carry around.
And in order to become a legally constituted paty we need 4k of those, which
is quite a challenge, specially doing it offline.

Regular meetings are another matter we need to sort out.

Thanks.
aza