[pp.int.general] SOPA - Should we go on blackout strike?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Jan 16 21:08:34 CET 2012

    I have doubts that this is a good sign.
    I think they're just retreating to come forth at another moment when
    there's less organized resistance.

I am sure that's true, because taking away our freedom is their job
and the people who pay them won't stop.  In addition to waiting, they
will change some details, hoping to mollify some segments of the
opposition which had business reasons for opposing this bill.

We must hold on to the list of the supporters of this bill, and if
they don't say that the basic idea was wrong, we should continue to
condemn them.  Even if we beat off one attack, they are still
adversaries of our freedom.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation