[pp.int.general] Other (no sot good) reaction to MU joint complaint campaign

Andy Halsall a.halsall at pirateparty.org.uk
Fri Jan 27 17:40:03 CET 2012

On Friday 27 Jan 2012 16:33:43 Dario wrote:
> Ahoy,
>
> As you probably have seen, the joint complaint campaign had been featured
> in Reddit, Hacker News, Torrentfreak, TechCrunch, BBC, etc. All good but
> there are also some bad reactions to our actions. Just a few and not very
> important, but I want to highlight the worst one.

Just as an addition, I've been tracking the reaction on the Enlish speaking
side and again reactions have been somewhat mixed.  I am seeing quite  alot of
positive reaction and agreement with the principles, but also some confusion
as to who might be seen as being in the wrong (the FBI, music industry etc..),
a lot of discussion about the notion that the FBI simply can't be sued and so
the whole thing is a sham.

There has also been a fair amount of comment on the danger of a group with
pirate in their name claiming to be supporting of the legitimate users of
megaupload, and a writing off of such action as spurious and simply 'thieves'
trying to push their agenda.

Had some similar reactions on the latter with the ACTA stuff too actually.

> Regards,

Andy Halsall