[pp.int.general] Other (no sot good) reaction to MU joint complaint campaign

Dario i at dario.im
Sat Jan 28 14:10:28 CET 2012

2012/1/28 Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org>

>     I just disagree in what you said about defending them. We don't
>    defend MU in any way. It was the main idea behind our first PR about
> MU, to
>    not defend them.
>
> This is valid.  Someone who pays careful attention will understand this.
>
> However, imagine someone else who wanted to defend MU.  He might do it
> by making the kind of case you are making.
>
> In other words, this action _looks like_ what someone who would want
> to defend MU might do.  People can get the wrong idea from that.

Agreed. I re-read the PR on our own site and it doesn't bring the idea as
the original one, published everywhere, even PPI:
http://www.pp-international.net/node/515

We probably did a mistake rewriting this for the campaign. We don't defend
MU but the current text can mislead people. This happens when you have your
head stuck in the same thing over and over again in a few days, I guess.

--
Dario Castañé
http://www.dario.im | http://twitter.com/im_dario