[pp.int.general] Other (no sot good) reaction to MU joint complaint campaign

Stephane Bakhos nuitari at pirateparty.ca
Sun Jan 29 19:04:10 CET 2012

> On 29.01.2012 18:35, Choms wrote:
>> Well, if MU were online, I would link you removed copyrighted material too
>> :)
>
> MU does not remove the material, they just deactive a single link...

Which complies with the DMCA. There is a very important OR in the safe
harbor part of the law.

>> I think was more a lobbist movement (just after MegaBox announcement...
>> sounds weird, don't think so?) than anything with sense...
>
> Getting serveral raids in other countries organized takes some time. And
> if making money with music would be so easy, the music lobby would
> surely copy it. :)

They could have, or they could have come up with it instead of DRM and so
on. They decided to take the path of litigation and constraints instead of
delivering what the customer wants.

>> And as reply to the other mail: RapidShare was the first storage system who
>> started paying people for downloads, that's why is one of the most used.
>> idk if actually they stopped paying for downloads, but I remember most
>> Taringa copyrighted posts were on RapidShare just for that reason. Oh,
>> GigaSize did too :)
>
> They'd pay for downloads? Think you must have meant uploads. But it
> seems, theys shutted down their program the right time. :)

>From what I've heard (someone from germany can validate it) there was
something specific in the German copyright law that forced rapidshare to
shut it down as a result of a civil suit brough in Germany.