[pp.int.general] Towards a secure eDemocracy platform based on Web service standards

Maxime Rouquet maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org
Sat Jul 14 15:55:51 CEST 2012

On 07/14/2012 03:31 PM, Kenneth Peiruza wrote:
> What happens in districts with only a bunch of voters? If there's 50
> voters in a tiny village, do you really think that the mafia-major of
> the village will not notice that you didn't stick to what he wanted?
> it's fucking easy, the one entering a privacy cabinet to hide what's his
> vote, that's the one who didn't voted what he wanted.

I do not not for the rest of the world, but in France, it is mandatory
to get inside the polling booth, and if you take ballot papers you have
to take papers for at least two different people/lists.

If you show what paper you put in the envelope, then the chairman of the
poll has to _refuse_ your envelope.

Therefore, the only possible way of knowing for sure what a given person
has voted would be that everybody vote exactly the same.