[pp.int.general] Global heating: 2 degrees of heating is 16 years away

Jack Allnutt j.allnutt at pirateparty.org.uk
Fri Jul 27 19:38:39 CEST 2012

Fair enough, and I would agree with you on a macro scale.

The example given was that "[the] nuclear-power-industry have invested
a lot in research proving that CO2 is to blame on the coming end of
the world as we know it". At this (micro) scale, it really doesn't
matter who's doing the study and who's paying for it as long as the
science is done right.

To use your example, in the set of people who were studying string
theory it wouldn't matter who was funding each of the researchers at
any one time, rather the issue is at the scale of the funding for
physics research in aggregate.

-- Jack