[pp.int.general] Towards a Pirate Policy on Environmental Issues

Loïc Grobol loic.grobol at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 20:07:31 CEST 2012

On Sunday 2012-July-29 thijs.markus at piratenpartij.nl wrote :
> We are not the greens. The greens are the greens. We are the pirate party,
So? The greens are for information freedom, too. Should we leave it to them?

> we do all sort of cool things with knowledge, like ensuring democratic
> values, helping people help themselves by ensuring their access to
> knowledge, and many other things.
Indeed. And your point is?

> You see, when we start getting idealistic about the trees and the birds
> and the bees
This is indeed a rather idealistic view of what environment policy is.

> Because it might just be so that the trees and the
> birds and the bees are not that terribly relevant;
As are equality, civil rights, oh, wait. And pirates, too if you want to go
this way.

> and where would that
> leave our happy thoughts about this wonderfull planet so full of life and
> diversity?
Of course, kill them all, those obnoxious natural things.

> Environmentalism is just another dipshit ideology in the end, and we're
> trying to stay above that.
It's the same as saying that “communication is a dipshit policy”. Pure
nonsense
> We should be guided by knowledge
A knowledge that is saying that without trees and bees, you'll starve to
death.

> There, now we cleared that up, carry on.
Now that's a sensible statement. Leave on and let the grown-ups talk.

Loïc Grobol, Evpok, @LoicGrobol
France, European Union
Parti Pirate (FR), Europe Écologie Les Verts
PP-EU Program group, PPI TTF, Pirate Times